Thursday, May 8, 2008

Recycling Awareness

Throughout this whole experience, I have learned a l0t. I knew what recycling meant, but I didn't kn0w the extent of it. I learned how to make a compost, h0w to r0t, and what substances sh0uld N0T go into a compost. I also learned what a landfill is, and what goes there. Before I didn't kn0w that electronic things can be recycled, but it turns out that you can! I never knew h0w imp0rtant recycling is, but n0w I see why it is, and it's a shame that people still d0n't d0 it.

I d0 practice recycling. I recycle, reuse, and reduce. However, I do n0t r0t. That is one thing I can impr0ve on at h0me. An0ther thing I can impr0ve on is c0mp0sting. I never made a c0mp0st bef0re, except f0r the one I made at sch00l with my peers. I find it very interesting that old grass clippings, water, etc. can make perfectly HEALTHY s0il.

Recycling at sch00l seems to be harder. We d0n't have enough recycling bins or enf0rcement on it. Eventh0ugh we have t0ns of garbage cans, students are lazy t0 g0 walk a c0uple of steps to thr0w away their trash, which is a big pr0blem.
On the other hand, we d0 have students that try and enc0urage the act of recycling. Leadership students g0 ar0und t0 classes and distribute recycling bins, h0wever, we still d0 n0t have en0ugh. Our g0al is to have a recycle bin f0r every classr00m, that way student can recycle their trash....h0pefully.
Another thing I wish my sch00l w0uld d0 is pr0vide bins f0r f00d scraps, that way we can use th0se scraps (such as orange peels) and put them int0 the c0mp0st.

RECYCLING IS A VERY IMPORTANT THING THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT RECYCLING, THEN GO THIS THIS WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://www.stopwaste.org


You can recycle a NUMEROUS amo0nt of things!


..........YOU SHOULD TOO!


Help make YOUR planet a better, cleaner environment. Recycle, Reuse, Reduce, AND rot

No comments: